The B&G Vulcan 7 is a great value, sailing chartplotter designed for coastal cruising and club racing.
This easy-to-use, intuitive 7-inch multi-touch screen is packed with B&G’s unique sailing features including SailSteer and RacePanel.
Simply integrate with your existing system, expansion is simple as Vulcan is NMEA 2000®, Broadband Radar™, ForwardScan™ and autopilot ready; and features built-in 10Hz GPS and Wi-Fi.
Welcome to the B&G Vulcan range
B&G's Vulcan range of sailing chartplotters take the guesswork out of sailing. Whether you’re an experienced sailor or just starting out, Vulcan is packed with features that will help you get the most from your time on the water.
Easy to use touch screen
We’ve designed our Vulcan chartplotters to be as intuitive as a tablet or smartphone. The low-profile, super-bright display is visible even in direct sunlight, and the responsive touch screen gives fingertip control, even in flying spray and a rough sea state. Pinch-to-zoom, swipe and tap controls let you input waypoints and routes and view chart details with ease.
Simple to add Waypoints and Routes
Let Vulcan guide you safely to your destination: place waypoints and routes with a single tap on the chart and let Vulcan take you there with clear, intuitive graphics and data for guidance. Add a compatible chart card to benefit from autorouting and let Vulcan’s intelligent software choose the best and safest route to your destination.
Dedicated Sailing Features for cruising and racing
You can use Vulcan as a simple chartplotter as soon as you connect it to power, or for more advanced features, add to speed, depth and wind instruments. Let Vulcan take care of the complex calculations – leaving you free to relax and enjoy the sailing.
- SailSteer: See all the data you need at a glance on one easy-to-read display with SailSteer. See crucial wind, speed, tide, heading, course over ground, layline and waypoint information, overlaid on one screen to ensure you have the information you need at your fingertips.
- Laylines: Let Vulcan do the hard work: See your course and minimise your time spent beating with Laylines overlaid on your chart. See which way is best and ensure you tack in the right place to help you get to windward as efficiently as possible. Laylines even take into account tidal effects and wind shifts to plot the quickest course to the next waypoint.
- SailingTime: Plan effectively with SailingTime and know how long it will take to get to a waypoint, even if it’s dead upwind. SailingTime calculates the time you’ll spend on each tack, taking into account wind and tidal effects, to give you an accurate ETA at your destination.
- RacePanel: Be on the line when the gun goes with RacePanel. Enjoy easy-to-use features previously only enjoyed by Pro navigators to ensure you get the best start in the fleet, with time, distance and positioning information on a single clear display.
- Autopilot Control: Put Vulcan at the heart of your boat and take control of your B&G autopilot from your Vulcan’s touchscreen. With an installed controller elsewhere, the intuitive controls can be accessed from any screen with a simple tap and allow you to alter course, tack, gybe, sail to wind or compass. Take advantage of the advanced sailing algorithms that make B&G Pilots as good as the best helmsman – all from your Vulcan’s touch screen.
- Mirror the screen on your phone: Vulcan’s sunlight-viewable, waterproof display gives you a reliable navigation display at the helm or chart table – and now you can see it from anywhere on board on your smartphone or tablet. Built in WiFi allows you to mirror and control the screen from anywhere on board using the Link App on your mobile device, for a cost-effective dual-station solution. Back up your settings and waypoints, or connect to a Wireless hotspot or marina WiFi to download weather forecasts and software updates straight to your device. Connect your phone via Bluetooth to read and respond to text messages from the chartplotter’s display.
- Easy to use multi-touch display
- Dedicated sailing features for cruising or racing: SailSteer, SailingTime, RacePanel, Laylines
- Easy to integrate – Connect Vulcan to an existing system and add basic sailing components
- Broadband Radar™ and ForwardScan™ ready
- Integrated Wi-Fi
- Control your B&G Pilot
- Instrument data display