Designed to be used high in the rigging of a sailboat or on the highest point of a powerboat. Vertically mounted to achieve maximum reflection, and permanently mounted, it’s compact shape offers little wind resistance, does not interfere with the sails, and is lightweight . When permanently mounted the reflector is durable and doesn’t make noise moving around. The aluminum elements inside are arranged at varying angles to each other and produce a very stable return on other boats active radar screens.
- The Mobri reflector is designed to be mounted in the rigging of sailboats.
- The best performance is achieved when the Mobri Radar Reflector is mounted in a vertical position as high as possible above the deck: 13 ft. is recommended.
- It should be mounted in the shrouds away from the shadow of the mast.
- Mounting eyes are moulded in the structure on top and bottom.
- Durable lashing material should be used to attach it to the standing rigging.