Patent-pending Harken Reflex furlers provide sailors confidence that their free-flying spinnakers and gennakers will furl with speed and control.
- Sailors use downwind sails more often—even when sailing shorthanded and the compact drive unit is easier to handle than other designs.
- Pull the furling line and the drive unit reacts reflexively to rotate the torsion cable, immediately transferring torque to the head swivel without unwanted corkscrewing delaying the response.
- The head swivel reacts instantly, spinning the sail smoothly and completely from top to bottom for an even roll-up and super-tight wrap.
- The furled spinnaker lowers easily to the deck, ready for the next hoist.
- The Reflex cable is more torsionally resistant to corkscrewing than the current breed of textile cable.
- Braided stainless steel wire filaments over braided polyester core transmit torque to head swivel through both tension and compression for faster furling (textile cable transmits through tension only).
- The quick-release modular T-fitting allows a single drive unit to handle multiple sails.
Maximum sail area (m²178;)
Maximum sail area (ft²)
Cable length (m)
Cable length (ft)
Includes: Drive unit, head swivel, Reflex tack swivel terminal, snap shackle threaded adapter, Reflex torsion cable, and clamp