Davis Hand Bearing Compass-with light
Using this precision marine hand bearing compass, you can quickly obtain magnetic bearings from on shore or on water. Obtain a bearing simply by aligning front and rear sights on an object and reading off bearing. Uses include quick bearing or position set, determination of angular gain or loss on the competition while racing, checking distance offshore, establishing lee-bow set while cruising or racing in currents, drift vectoring and plotting a line of position.
- Solid liquid-damped compass card graduated in 5 deg. segments.
- Bold graduations every 15 deg. for easy reading.
- Large contoured handle designed for sure, steady grip and angled forward for added control.
- Lightweight design for easier bearing.
- Lanyard and instructions included.
- Solid-state LED illumination system floods the compass capsule and sight vane with soft light.
- Batteries included.
- Positive "push-on" switching action, with vinyl boot water protection.
- Battery housing has high watertight integrity.
- Made of high impact, grey plastic.